Hello Horse Exhibitors!
Unfortunately, the 2017 Premium Book had a few errors in the Horse Department so hoping the information provided below will help answer questions.
We DO NOT have Cloverbuds or Novice in the Horse Department. Instead, all ages divisions are based on age reached before October 1st of the calendar year prior to the current Fair (e.g. before Oct. 1, 2016 for the 2017 Klickitat County Fair). Grade in school is NO LONGER used. Age by division is listed below:
- PeeWee: 6-8 years of age
- Junior: 8-10 years of age
- Intermediate: 11-13 years of age
- Senior: 14 to less than 19 years of age
- Adults: 19 year of age or older
Wednesday will be a HAUL IN and HAUL OUT DAY for Horses 5 & Under. No stalls will be provided. Vet Check will be at 9:00am by the Little Arena. Horses 5 & Under will show in the Little Arena only. Horses 5 & Under classes are as follows:
- LOT 13: Snaffle 5 & Under: Horse must be under 5 years of age by Fair. Horse to be shown at a walk, jog and lope both ways of ring, back and stand as directed.
- LOT: 14: In Hand Trail: Western OR English attire and tack. This class is judged on the performance of the horse over and through obstacles with emphasis on manners, response to the handler and attitude. Open to all riders:
- Class 56: YOUTH
- Class 57: ADULT
- LOT 16, Class 60: In Hand Obstacle Relay: This is a 4-person Lottery Draw. Open to all riders.
- LOT 17, Class 61: Class Horses 5 & Under: Showmanship
For exhibitors stalling all week here are the changes in classes:
- LOT 11: Discipline Rail. Discipline Rail IS A HIGH POINT CLASS.
- LOT 15: Ranch Horse Pleasure: NO PEEWEES
- LOT 16, CLASS 60: IHOR, In Hand Obstacle Relay
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Erika Beasley @ 773-3865